Any reason to make a new cocktail is a good reason. But Mardi Gras just might be the perfect reason. Whether you're throwing a little Mardi Party or watching the parades on St. Charles, you'll surely need a drink in hand. This one just so happens to be adorable and delicious.
We took a New Orleans classic and put our own spin on it. King's Cups are notoriously served at Emril Delmonico's restaurant during Mardi Gras season. Inspired by the King's Cup, we declared our slightly sweet, fizzy drink the Queen's Cup.
Unlike a thick daiquiri, this cocktail won't weigh you down so you can keep partying all day. You've got beads to catch!
- 5 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces lime juice
- Champagne for topping off
- Yellow and green sanding sugar
- Lime slices
- Add the colored sugar to one plate. Dip the rim of the glass into a little bit of water, then into the sugar, coating the rim completely.
- Add the vodka, pineapple juice and lime juice to a shaker filled with ice. Shake well and pour into prepared glasses.
- Top off with champagne. Garnish with lime.
With the Queen's Cup in hand, you'll be looking like royalty.
-xo The Rodéo Gils