Refreshing Rhubarb Lemonade Sparkler
Sometimes I think rhubarb gets tired of being paired with strawberries all the time. While it may be a classic combo and a delicious one at that, let's get out of our comfort zone for a second and think about what else rhubarb could be delicious with. Lemon! This refreshing rhubarb lemonade sparkler is the perfect summer drink! It is so easy to make at home, and fancy enough that your friends will totally be impressed!
It's Friday after all, and you probably are going to want to make this drink at some point over the weekend, even if it's just for yourself.
You can make the rhubarb puree ahead of time and it will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks allowing you to make a special cocktail whenever you want!
- 8 Stalks of Rhubarb, washed and diced
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Aromatic Bitters
- Agave Nectar
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Dry Champagne
- In a saucepan, combine your sugar, water, and diced rhubarb (not including the ends, but you do not have to peel) and place over medium heat.
- Cook until the rhubarb is soft and it's juices have been released. At this point you will let the mixture cool, and then place into a food processor, blender, or you can use an immersion blender and puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- When you are ready to make your cocktail, grab your cocktail shaker and place 1 oz. gin, 3/4 oz. lemon juice, 1 tbsp. agave nectar, and 2 tbsp. rhubarb puree along with some ice. Shake vigorously and pour over ice into a glass, straining the liquid as you pour.
- Top your glass with champagne (this makes a really beautiful ombré effect)
- Sprinkle 2 dashes (literally) with the bitters and add a lemon wedge for garnish.
Once you get the rhubarb puree mixture made, the rest is easy!
The colors are gorgeous and the flavor is to die for! So instead of making that same ole faithful drink that you have every weekend, mix it up a bit and try this refreshing rhubarb lemonade sparkler and tell me what you think!
The Rodéo Girls
For more recipes visit my personal blog, My Diary of Us.